Monday 7 July 2008

Serial ATA and goodbye to the DS...

Serial ATA has got to be the best invention of recent times. No huge flat ribbon cables blocking airflow, no stupid connectors with 40 pins just waiting to be bent, no more idiotic master/slave conflicts. The new connectors are simple, effective and common between laptops and desktops. Also it's faster and more reliable. I'm a bit behind the times I have to admit, as the Inspiron is the first machine I've had with it.

In other news, the DS went with five games today. I feel like I should be more sentimental to see it go. If it had been the original Phat DS, I might be. The old DS always felt more friendly somehow. The DS Lite, though beautiful, just didn't have the same appeal for some reason.

The only thing that made me a bit sad was deleting my town (Sayatnim) from Animal Crossing last night. It was a strange game and I enjoyed it for quite a while before it got boring. Tom Nook can fuck right off thought, the conniving moneygrubbing little bastard. When you paid off your mortgage, he'd (unasked) expand your house and charge you another few hundred thousand bells. I devastated the place by hacking down nearly all the native apple trees, as apples weren't worth anything, and planting a vast orchard of pear trees, seeded from Rob's village. Every three days I would go round, picking all the pears and selling them for bells to pay off the mortgage. If only I was that entrepreneurial in real life.

Google is my brain. If I think I spelt a word wrong, I Google it. If I want directions, I look on Google Maps. If I want to know about a place, I Google it. If I want to write about something, I do it on Google Blogger.

I find this worrying.

No comments: