Sunday 17 August 2008

A productive day

Yesterday it was proposed that we go up the the top of Moel Famau and have a look at the Lambanana that was going to be up there. When I woke up the cloud was low and there was occasional rain so I wasn't too keen in the idea. But we went anyway and it was fine. It did rain a little bit but nothing too bad. It was very windy at the top though. Fortunately the view was really good.


The car gave some hassle. On the way up the steep hill to the car park, Will and I were disturbed to see steam pouring from under the bonnet. When I had a look in the car park the filler cap had come off so either it had popped off or I just hadn't put it back on properly. I filled it up with water and we went for a walk. On the way back down from the place, the low water light came on and I found the expansion tank was again empty. Weird. Filled it up yet again and headed back to Andy's, and it was fine. Need to keep an eye on that I think. Also the wheel bearing needs doing as it's pretty noisy.

We stayed at Andy's for a while, watching the latest Futurama movie. It's probably the third time I've watched it. It's funny but does go off on a mad one.



When I came home I had a go at the Monstrosity again. I decided to put the neck on a spare body I got hold of. The neck fits perfectly into the pocket but typically the screw holes didn't line up so I had to drill new ones, and the body holes were too narrow so they had to be widened. It came out all right though, and I put the bridge a bit further back so it now intonates properly. Just need to find some suitable pickups that are reasonably affordable and then wire it up.

Really tired now. I think I'm just going to collapse and watch a DVD or something.

No comments: