Thursday 29 January 2009

Badminton and Welsh

An average day in work. There was a rather fraught meeting in the morning though.

After work it was time to head to Rob and Em's for food before going to badminton. It was a very entertaining evening, although Rob and I played dreadfully, we ended up playing with Nan. She's a fluent Welsh speaker who helps Em out with her Welsh, so the matches and conversations in between usually end up turning into impromptu lessons. It's really quite entertaining. I'm always quite surprised at how much I can remember from my Welsh lessons in school. Shame that my GCSE years were gimped by stupid policies as I'm sure I could have done better in both Welsh and German if I'd had the chance.

The Vectra has a quirky fuel gauge. When you fill it up, the needle then drops quite drastically in the first 100 miles, but then the next 200 it doesn't drop as quickly. It keeps making me panic about how much fuel it's using but then it goes on for quite some time.

I'm on holiday next week, something I'd almost forgotten about until yesterday, so it was almost like a nice surprise. Hurrah.

No comments: