Saturday 3 January 2009

Various things

One of the things I've decided to to this year is to get back into the reasonable diet and exercise thing I had going back in 2007. I'm not calling it a new year resolution as that would inevitably lead to failure. It was going OK until I went to my Dad's today and had fish and chips for lunch, but I went for a walk with the dog when I got home. I'd forgotten how nice it was to go out in the bracing cold and come back to a nice warm house.


Spent some time with my Dad working on my latest bass modification. This time it was installing a new neck on my original Squier bass. It had a fretless neck from one of my other Squiers but I didn't like it very much, so I found a nice neck with a maple fingerboard on Ebay. It went on OK but I had problems fitting the machine heads, which my Dad gave me a hand with. This has now been done and it plays nicely and sounds quite decent with the flatwound strings from when it was a fretless. Sadly the G-string snapped (ooh-er) when I was tuning it. I've also got a giant Gibson style humbucker I want to put in it but it involves complicated things like making a cavity for it which I don't have the tools for.

No comments: