Tuesday 20 January 2009

Windows done right?

Windows 7 is proving to be quite interesting. I've got it on a VM and the HP 2133. The HP is a very lowly machine when it comes to CPU power, and the VIA chip is most likely outperformed by the 1.3ghz Pentium M in my four year old Latitude D400.

However, Windows 7 runs pretty well on it. It's the first OS I've installed on the HP so I haven't really got anything to compare it with, but it seems to run about as well as XP would on the hardware. I'm sure upping it to 2gb RAM will help improve performance more. If I get bored enough I might see if I can make it dual boot with Linux too.

Did a mission in Saints Row 2 where your character involuntarily gets trashed on drugs and you have to survive a massive gun battle with your screen all warped and distorted. The cut scenes for this one were really funny too.

Odd to think that Barack Obama is finally the president. I just hope he can sort out the sorry mess that Bush left him.

Also watched a film called Primer which is a total headfuck about time travel. I'm going to have to watch it again because I've got no idea what happened in it.

No comments: