Wednesday 7 January 2009

Smelly me

Well the water supply finally froze up last night so I wasn't able to have a shower this morning. To flush the toilet I had to go out with a bucket and find some water in a spring which amazingly hadn't frozen over.

Mad day in work. As I'm off this Friday and next week I was trying to sort out my jobs and things but the helpdesk went crazy with calls, so I was hurtling around like a mad thing. Good thing the day was quite mild so the car parks and things were better.

Saint's Row 2 is still taking up a lot of my gaming time. I've done a couple of the missions but still mostly fooling around with the activities. The insurance fraud one is good fun and when complete, gives you infinite sprint which is very handy. One thing I noticed in the missions I did is that the character you play is a complete sociopath. He/she/it (all are possible in the character creator) shows no remorse whatsoever for all the violence and killing that takes place. Even CJ out of San Andreas had some qualms about it, and Nico out of GTAIV was a big wuss at heart. But in a way that's part of the completely over the top nature of the game.

I have found however the fun of mutating your character into a hideous alien type creature and replaying the cut-scenes. Especially the one where a woman says 'You look great. Did you do something with your hair?' to the bug-eyed jowly obese monstrosity of indeterminate gender sitting on her couch.

No comments: