Sunday 4 March 2012

Fun, fat, bikes, movies and space adventures

Friday went over to my Dad's. I took the Specialized over and we had a good look it. Basically all it needs is a damn good clean, some brake cables, a chain and a new fork. Other than the fork it's actually reasonably straightforward. It's all apart anyway. Also got some stuff done like new number plate bulbs on the Prelude. Also noticed that one of the older tyres on it was shedding bits of rubber so had to get another new one, fortunately the local place had one and was able to do it.

On the way home the Prelude started to make a strange noise, a metal on metal scraping noise that didn't seem to be related to the engine or brakes. I got rather upset at this and was about to give the Prelude up as a bad job but the noise has gone away, so I think it was just something stuck underneath.

Saturday was spent with some guys from work watching Captain America, Iron Man and Thor in preparation for the Avengers movie. I hadn't seen Captain America before, and it was OK. I love the Iron Man films but Thor is rather strange. It was an awesome day with ludicrous amounts of food, including really great Thai food, curiously from the Loggerheads garage.

Today has been another Mass Effect 2 day, as I'm quite conscious now that I haven't actually got all that much time to complete it before 3 comes out. I made some good progress though. I tried to make a quesadilla type thing for lunch which was sort of a success but needed more interesting things inside. I think I'm going to have to avoid the Internet this week. I've been trying to avoid anything to do with Mass Effect 3 but now it's becoming quite hard.

Found that they have finally released the Super Mario Bros / Portal mashup, which is called Mari0. A strange idea but it works surprisingly well. Really good fun.

No comments: