Thursday 1 March 2012

A fun day

Today was a fairly quiet day.

I played Mass Effect 2 for most of the day, which was good fun. The transition from 1 to 2 is a little jarring but after a while it becomes really involving. I've already done something new this time, picked up an ability called Reave which drains health from enemies to boost yours. Made some good progress and thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the slightly tedious scanning of planets for resources. My issue is that I'm a bit OCD about it so every time I visit a system I simply must scan every planet completely.

I also cleaned up the Specialized and pumped up the tyres and had a quick go on it. The suspension fork does actually move, but appears to be full of water as it makes dreadful squelching sounds. Safe to say, they're fucked. But the rest of the bike is fine. Found that the rear wheel must not be original since it has a hub with disk mounts. I actually managed to get it in the Prelude in preparation for going to my Dad's tomorrow where we'll strip it down and see what it needs. It involved taking both wheels off and a lot of cursing but it did fit eventually.

In the evening it was off to Rob and Em's for food (delicious risotto) and then to badminton. I was a bit anxious about my knee, but it's fine. My legs are a bit achy but in the normal way after not playing for a bit.

I forgot to write about the pheasant that moved in. He's quite tame and for some reason follows me in the car down the track every morning, running alongside. I took a video the other day as I couldn't quite believe it. Not sure why he does it.

No comments: