Friday 24 January 2014

Granch

Not much to report this week, it's been fairly quiet. I went to the gym on Wednesday, which was annoying because I've lost my key to the machines. I've no idea where it's gone. The session was good, although it was the first time in a month that I'd done any weights and my shoulders really felt it the next day. Thursday evening was the repeat of Monday's session. That went OK but I found it a bit harder, partly because I had a bit of a headache and felt a little out of sorts, and I think we were running a bit faster.

Otherwise it's been fairly quiet. I've continued my South Park binge and have nearly finished season 7. Not as good as 6 I think, but then there's 8 to come, which I've already seen and enjoyed. Rob and Em have also lent me the first season of Breaking Bad, so I've got that to look forward to.

Spent this evening having a nice quiet one. I put the Rammstein Live Aus Berlin DVD on, and let that play in the background while I fooled around on the Surface Pro. I still remember how the DVD blew my mind when I first saw it, and it's hard to believe it was recorded in 1998. The early Rammstein stuff is really good.

I've gone against my clearout policy at the moment, and picked up a project bass from a colleague in work. The reason is that it's a Westfield which is almost identical to one I had years ago, other than it being a 5-string. It's been neglected for years and needs some TLC, but I've missed having a bass that I could tinker with and try different pickups and wiring and things. It's one of the ones where they cheated a bit and made a 5-string with narrow string spacing and used 4-string pickups. I like the narrow string spacing because I'm used to it on the Jackson now, but I'm not sure the pickups are up to it. Oh well, it'll be fun getting it up and working again. However I need to clear out some other stuff to justify keeping it...

Not sure what I'm going to do this weekend, but I do want to have a go at clearing out some crap, and go to the gym. I also need to find a replacement number plate bulb for the car, since the electrical woes the other week seem to claimed that as well.

No comments: