Tuesday 28 January 2014

Running is fun

It was a quite but productive weekend in some ways. I didn't doo all that much, but I did take a load of crap to the tip on Saturday and then had a bonfire on Sunday, so that was good. Otherwise I just ended up watching DVDs. I'm now up to season 9 of South Park and I also watched the first season of Breaking Bad, which Rob and Em lent me on DVD. I really enjoyed it.

Running was good last night. The class this time was 2.5 minutes walk, 5 minutes running, which was a bit of a step up from last week. I wasn't looking forward to it as it was cold, threatening to rain and I was feeling a bit tired. But by the second 5 minute run I was feeling fine, and I really enjoyed it.

If only I could rein back on my diet, still struggling to get into that mindset I was in before Christmas, but just need to work at it in small steps. Oh well.

The project bass I got off someone in work has had some work done on it. I've replaced the strings and sorted out the neck. As I suspected, it's got 4-string pickups, so I put some Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickups I had spare in it, which have gigantic magnets and cover the 5 strings quite well. The standard wiring was pretty crappy so I've ripped it all out ready for rewiring. I tested the neck pickup briefly by wiring it directly to the output jack and it sounded good. All good fun. It's nice having a project to work on, I didn't realise how much I missed it when I was trying to find the perfect bass.

The car is booked in for an MOT next Monday. I asked the garage about the issues with the headlight stalk and the scored windscreen and the guy said they would be advisories. Oh well, just have to see how it goes. It's due an oil change as well.

Tired tonight, it's been a long day for some reason.

No comments: