Monday 20 January 2014

See LL run. Run LL run.

Second session of the run for fun class, so it was three minutes walk, three minutes run, repeated five times. It went pretty well I think, I was quite pleased with how I felt during the run and afterwards. I sort of feel like I could run a lot further but at the same time it's probably sensible to build it up again slowly and not risk damaging something. Still, I'm feeling good about it. The only downside was that I fucked up the Strava recording, so I didn't get to see the results. Oh well, not the end of the world. The leader of the group I was in was talking about the speed training that he normally does with the Harriers, which was interesting. Eventually I would like to work on improving my pace.

Due to not being able to watch stuff on TV and things, I'm having a bit of a binge on South Park and working my way through Stargate SG-1 season 2 that Steve lent me in December. I'm still slightly ambivalent about SG-1 - I am enjoying it, but I'm not quite sure how it made it for 10 seasons and has such a devoted fanbase. Still, apparently it kicks into high gear by season 3, so I'm still giving it a good chance. I do find the cynical aspect of O'Neill's character somewhat wearying though.

When it comes to South Park, I've just finished season 6, and have just received seasons 7, 9 and 10 because Amazon is flogging them off pretty cheap. I already had season 8 because it was one of the last things left in the local Woolworths when they closed it a few years ago, and I got it for a few quid. It's interesting to see how South Park developed when it got beyond the time when it was stupidly popular. So I'm looking forward to getting stuck into season 7. It's easy to power through South Park though because the episodes are only 20 minutes or so.

The new keyboard cover for the Surface turned up. I have to say, despite it being so thin without much key travel, it's one of the best keyboards I have ever used, nice and clicky. It also has a backlight, which has some sort of sorcery that makes it light up if you just hold your hands over the keyboard without pressing a key - first time in a while that a piece of technology has made me go 'woah' out loud. It's made the Surface much more usable and while it is a bit thicker and heavier than the touch cover, it's definitely worth it, and I can always put the touch cover back on if I need it to be a bit lighter.

No comments: