Friday 17 January 2014

Meltdown

It's been a week of ups and downs.

The run for fun class on Monday was a definite up. I thought at first it was going to be a nightmare as it absolutely pissed it down when I left work, but fortunately it was clear when we met up for the class. I was a little late and I was rather taken aback by what seemed like a vast crowd of people in hi-vis jackets. It turned out there were 24 of us, so they split us up into groups to make it all more manageable. After my knee, cold and back I hadn't done any exercise for three weeks at that point so I was quite anxious about it, but to my surprise I did OK, as did Steve and Dave from work.

Tuesday was DnD for the first time this year, starting a new quest. Steve had made us do homework to explain what our characters had been doing for five years, which was interesting. On the way home however I started to dwell on problems and had a bit of a meltdown about the house, turning 36 this year, being perpetually single and various other things. I slept like crap that night and had a grump day in work on Wednesday, ignoring everything with headphones on all day.

I'm feeling a bit better now, having decided that having a mega strop isn't going to solve anything. Last night I went to Mold to meet up with Steve and Dave to repeat Monday's running session, which was good and helped boost our confidence.

The Alienware M17x has been sold and posted to the buyer in Northern Ireland. I'm actually surprised at myself that I managed to do it - I was very attached to the old beast. I didn't get as much for it as I hoped, but it was enough to cover the cost of the Surface Pro, which I'm still very pleased with. I've also ordered a new cover for it, the one with the physical keyboard. As much as I like the concept of the flat touch keyboard, it's not great for typing much on

Still absolutely loving the Jackson 5-string bass. I'm still not quite sure why, but it just feels so great to play. I'm even getting used to playing stuff on it that I'd normally play on a 4-string.

No comments: