Friday 3 January 2014

Surfaced

I left the Surface updating to 8.1 last night and it got there OK. my back was killing me at about 3am though, so I got it through the rest of the setup then. This evening I've put more of my usuall apps and things on there. I have to admit that I am wondering if I'm doing the right thing as I am very fond of the big old M17x, but it's crazy to just keep it out of basically vanity. Still, it's fun seeing how well things work on the Surface. iTunes is a problem without a pointing device, since Apple decided to put no borders on the window, so resizing it is impossible. The sole USB port is an issue too, meaning a hub is basically essential. Still, the Surface is getting nicely close to that ideal where a portable or handheld computer is powerful enough to do everything, and you just dock it when you want to work at a desk. Shame the 8gb RAM and 256gb models are so crazy expensive.

No comments: