Thursday 20 February 2014

Running fail and win

The running class on Monday was a crap for some reason. I really struggled after the first 9 minutes was done as I got a bad stitch and my legs were killing me. One of the guys ended up taking me back a different way and breaking it up a bit. It was quite demoralising but he said not to worry about it. He also recommended that I try the 30 day planking programme that went around recently to build up my core strength.

It was the first DnD for a while on Tuesday, which was good fun. Unfortunately it turned into the usual snack fest. The game was good though.

Yesterday evening I went to the gym and had a good session. I did a 5 minute walk on the treadmill to warm up, then 20 minutes on the cross trainer, then some weights, and back on the treadmill again. I'm getting more comfortable running on the treadmill now, and I did 20 minutes of mixed running and walking, which felt good.

Tonight I went out for a run with Dave from work to repeat Monday's session. After the terrible run I wasn't expecting much, but it was a lot better this time. We did the same route and the stitch began to kick in at around the same spot. However this time it didn't amount to much and almost went away again. We did a bit of extra running and even a short sprint when we were nearly back at the leisure centre.

After the giant Breaking Bad fest on Sunday I've kind of stayed away from it and have been watching South Park season 10. The last episode I watched was the brilliant Make Love, Not Warcraft, which was awesome.

No comments: