Friday 4 January 2008

Bah

Didn't go to badminton. Coughing like anything.

The XO laptop seems to have sold quite well when they were doing the pilot of the Buy-one-give-one system. There are even some showing up on Ebay which is probably the only way to get one in the UK. From what I've seen, it looks like a fun little machine and definitely has some interesting features such as the dual-mode mono/colour screen. I downloaded a VMWare image of the OS and it does have some interesting ideas.

The Asus Eee looks quite cool too. The best thing about these is that they are solid state, no stupid hard drives to fail.

But this is the year of thriftiness and if I want a solid-state laptop I guess I'll just have to settle for my good old PowerBook 1400cs/166 booting Mac OS 8 from a Compact Flash card...

No comments: