Tuesday 8 January 2008

Overpriced wireless and getting rid of stuff.

How can Microsoft justify £60 for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor?! I think I'll just get a new 10 metre Ethernet cable like I had before except the tabs broke off. Since the cable broke in about November, I've not used the 360 online at all.

10m Ethernet cable = £1.99.

Took several things to the recycling centre today. The Proliant went, stripped of useful parts, several scrap laptops and a few other things. I think they were slightly taken aback as I turned up, very farmer-like, in a muddy Discovery, wearing wellies, only to unload a bunch of computer equipment.

On the way home, I picked up a Sweet and Sour Pot Noodle, being in a filthy mood. On the little sachet of sauce inside, it reads 'Did you know: Humans lose more than 4kg of skin cells every year'. What a nice appetizing fact...

The Square-1 is pissing me off. How do you make a Rubik's Cube harder? Make the damn thing change shape when you twist it, that's how. It's hard enough to make it back into a cube shape, let alone get the colours in the right place.

No comments: