Monday 18 January 2010

Fleh

A fairly productive day in work, and for once I didn't go home in a towering rage. It's going to be a good long while of early starts though, what with illness in December and then the weather, my flexi balance is about minus 9 hours which is a real pain.

Went to the gym after work, which was OK. It's going to take some getting used to and I think I'm probably going to start heading there in the evening rather than directly after work. Did have quite a healthy food day though, got low fat chicken and fruit and stuff for lunch and successfully avoided the evil vending machine and drank only water. Not sure if it's that but I feel much better this evening after all the weeks of eating crap.

Setting up an Acer laptop for someone, and the amount of shite preinstalled by Acer was ridiculous. It has a dual-core Pentium with 4gb RAM, running Windows 7 and out of the box it was hobbled by the sheer amount of crap installed. After clearing it out, it runs a lot better.

My D630 which now has the boxed copy of Windows 7 on it was being a pain, saying the product code was incorrect for ages and that I'd have to call Microsoft to sort it out. Then today, after the activation period expired, it activated perfectly. What the hell? That's one nice thing about basically every other OS, none of this activation crap.

No comments: