Wednesday 21 July 2010

Doppelganger?

After a slightly frustrating day at work (old Macs and Active Directory cannot be friends) I came home and took the bike out for a run. Had a good ride. There's a long straight road near home that then goes uphill and down a long steep hill, which is totally deserted most of the time. I used that to go back and forth to practice clutch control and hill starts. However, I went down the hill and back up, and while going back up, someone went past on a black cruiser style bike with L plates and they were wearing a black jacket and a white helmet, very surreal.

Had a slightly odd experience where I stopped by a gate to look at the rather nice view over the Vale of Clwyd. For some reason a flock of sheep decided I was interesting and the whole lot came to investigate, perhaps they were checking out the bike. Had a look at possible alternate speedometers while on lunch. There are various aftermarket speedos available that might fit but I'm not sure about calibrating them. It'll hit 13,000 miles soon too, not too bad.

A guy in work has just got a J-reg Toyota MR2 turbo. It's a nice looking car in black but has quite a long list of issues, not least a slipping clutch which means the boost has to be turned down. He took me out for a quick spin and it's bloody fast, even with low boost and a slipping clutch. It's been a while since I was in a genuinely fast car and it was a little worrying.

No comments: