Monday 26 July 2010

Looking forward to holidays...

Today was a very frustrating day in work for a few reasons. Some days you really do just want to hurl things around and scream. Lunch was nice though, a Chinese chicken bap with cheese and mayo, a rather strange combination recommended by one of the service desk staff that actually works surprisingly well.

Didn't do much this evening, took the dog for a walk and had another look at the bike speedo. I really would like to put a proper one on, just not sure how. There are some nice aftermarket ones but there's a lot to think about when fitting it. Not least because it would have a new odometer.

I've given away the bits that were going to make up the quilted maple Telecaster, but I've found that guitar is much more fun when you remove the top two strings. I never like sounds in that range and if I do play guitar it's mostly powerchords so the top two strings just get in the way. Hey, it worked for Max Cavalera. Just makes it a bit ironic that I like playing bass with six strings and guitar with four...

Just realised how little time actually remains to Berlin - need to sort out currency and things. My Dad has offered me a lift to the airport this time, which is nice.

The dog is on my bed again, need to shift him. Seems a shame though, he was wagging his tail in his sleep earlier, quite a surreal sight.

No comments: