Tuesday 27 July 2010

Rargh...splutter...churn...churn...churn...

A mildly improved day at work today, although there are things going on. One fun thing - I needed a new keyboard for my docking station and was given an old PS/2 HP keyboard that had never been used. During a dull luncthime I found a similar keyboard in white and swapped some of the keys over to create a replica of how PC keyboards used to look. It looks pretty cool I think. The keyboard the white keys came off was disgusting so I binned it or I'd have put the black keys on to make a negative version, although I have kept them in case I find another white one.

Got home and decided to take the bike out. For some reason I haven't quite got the hang of starting it from cold with the choke, although usually it'll run OK after a few goes. Tonight though, it was really stroppy and wouldn't run consistently, which was annoying. Eventually the battery went flat, but I was able to get it running with a bump start - a somewhat awkward procedure but at least it's easier than a car. Once I took it out though, it went really well. The whole thing is feeling more natural now, which is great. Really enjoyed the ride, even though it was only a lap around the block.

No comments: