Monday 30 August 2010

Awesome walk

Went for a walk around the Abergele area with Rob, Will and Sarah. It was really good as the weather was superb and we went around the Gwylch Castle area which I had never seen before. It's pretty impressive, even if it's not that old, and we saw some amazing views down the coast. I looked up some geocaches beforehand and we found five in the end, which was good. Also picked up two travelbugs, which is always nice. One of the caches had already been found twice today by the time we got to it, but it was on the sea front next to the cycle track so it would be in a prime location to be picked up.

So overall it's been a fairly decent weekend other than the strange mood I was in yesterday. I've successfully managed to avoid thinking about work too, which is good. It's kind of getting a bit a close now, I'm really hoping the backup system hasn't died over the weekend though, it was bad enough on Friday.

Need to get stuff on Ebay due to financial issues mentioned previously. I watched an old Acorn A4 go for £132 recently - the rare RISC OS laptop. I've got two of them, which both worked several years ago although I think one had a dodgy hard drive. Not so much of an issue with Acorn machines though as the operating system is in ROM. Once I've tested them I'm going to put them on as a job lot because I've lost the power supply for one of them. Still loads more crap I can list though.

Tired now after the walk, need to get to bed.

Superhero name generator. This has been around for ages, I remember playing with it in college in what must be around 1997 or so.

Examples:

The puerile Ice Woman
Power(s): Telekinesis, Image projection
Source of powers: Mutant mutagen
Weapon: Ice Pistol
Transportation: Woman Pig

The naughty Tomorrow Thing
Power(s): Shrinking, Clairvoyance, Telescopic vision
Source of powers: Mutant spinach
Weapon: Thing Pistol
Transportation: Tomorrow Sleigh

The brazen Wolf Hitmen
Power(s): Gadget creation, Speed reading, Deus ex machina
Source of powers: Magic mutant
Weapon(s): Hitmen Amplifier(s)
Transportation: Astrosubmarine(s)

No comments: