Monday 23 August 2010

Clean-cut or mate

A fairly decent day. Played around with the Acer a bit more, getting it how I like it. It definitely runs better than the average netbook. The Atom server seems stable, which is good.

Got another key for the bike, so I've got two again now. Hopefully the other one will turn up at some point. Dropped into a place in Kinmel Bay where I've been a few times to ask their advice. This time it was about the speedo and chain tension. They were really helpful and said to just bring it in whenever, which is good. It's good when they are really approachable like that. Also I think the exhaust will need looking at.

I dug out an old plywood bass body that has been the basis for several previous experiments and attacked it with a hole cutter. It's now got about 20 holes in it, removing a large amount of wood and making the body much lighter. I've got a neck that will fit on it and the rest of the hardware, so just need to put it together. I don't know if the holes will affect the strength of the body but we'll see.

Chips for supper, from the really good one in Denbigh, and once again it was really good. A battered sausage is a pretty vulgar item of food really, but from there it's a work of art, and the curry sauce from there is sublime.

Back to work tomorrow. I always worry about going back after a holiday, even if it's just a day off.

Iron Maiden got to number 1 with their latest album. Who would have thought it!

No comments: