Tuesday 31 August 2010

Flibble

Went into work to general chaos with the backup system. Again took all day to sort it out and I found that removing tapes manually from the library is a very tedious operation indeed since there doesn't seem to be any logical order in which it stores them. And it still isn't fixed, awaiting engineer from IBM to come in and repair the actual hardware.

Other than that, quiet day. Listed the two Acorn A4 laptops on Ebay. After years in storage, one of them powered up after a bit of fiddling but the other didn't, so I've put them on as a job lot. Both hard drives appear to have failed however. Quite gutted to be getting rid of them as I remember them coming out in the early 90s and being outrageously expensive and then being thrilled to get them cheap a few years later. Oh well.

Not much else going on, tired now after going into work very early. I woke up and I couldn't think of anything but the backup system so I got up and went straight in to see what had happened.

No comments: