Friday 15 April 2011

Fecking tiredness

It's been a fairly weird week. Work has been reasonably OK.

Badminton last night was good, more people than there's been for quite some time which was good as it meant a good variety and we had some really good games. Somehow, I managed to really pull the bicep in my left arm even though I play right handed. Weird. It's still hurting now. Also Rob made epic gorgonzola gnocchi.

I took the bike out on Wednesday which was a rather humiliating reminder of my fitness level. I think it's going to take some practise before I can ride the six miles to work and back. Glad the bike works OK, although I need to adjust the front chainset still and I think it could do with higher handlebars.

I've been feeling tired all week, not sure why. Just shattered in the evenings.

Got a power supply for one of the project laptops, a Thinkpad T30. I really like IBM laptops, the build quality is top notch and they just feel good. The only thing I really dislike is that they put the 'fn' key in the bottom left corner instead of 'Ctrl' which is just wrong. Naughty. The T30 works OK but needs a hard drive and one of the memory slots is bad - a known fault. I haven't encountered many Thinkpads since Lenovo took over production of them but they seem nice.

Rob and Em gave me their old TV which died. After popping the back off I saw what I expected - faulty capacitors. Two had burst and one was bulging. Capacitors are stupid cheap so I've ordered some of the right type and will have a go at fixing it. If not, then a power supply board is relatively cheap on Ebay.

It's been a lazy evening. Fired up Soul Calibur IV for the first time in probably two years and had fun creating a crazy monacled purple guy but when it came to actually playing the game, got angry and turned it off. Did a bit of my latest Mass Effect character but got a little bored. Did however download the new DLC for Mass Effect 2, so will do that over the weekend at some point.

Decided I wanted to get the two Tanzwut albums I haven't got but they aren't available for download so I've ordered the CDs. Not sure quite why I like Tanzwut so much. I was trying to explain them to a guy in work and the best I could come up with was 'Think Rammstein with bagpipes and a hint of electronica.' Good stuff though. This is the current track I really like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T82H82e3js

No comments: