Saturday 9 April 2011

Quiet day

Nice quiet day mostly spent at my Dad's. We went through the pictures and videos from Berlin and chilled out. I went out and got a new stereo for the car, one which includes both aux and USB inputs, with iPod support. The stupid Ripspeed piece of shite I had before worked but had a gimpy aux input arrangement and idiotic controls.

Had a look at bikes. If it's going to be lugged in and out of my carI need one that is going to be lighter and more manageable but at the same time I haven't got much cash to drop on one. There's a few options that I'm keeping an eye on. While in Halfords my Dad and I saw some quite nice ones but he said going second hand would save quite a bit and he's got the tools and expertise to strip them down and fix any issues. I did look at some bare frames as he's got all the bits to build one up but that could be fraught with problems. Did see a rather nice road bike with carbon frame that was very light though, shame it was £999. Now that I'm mianly based in a single office that is 6 miles from home, I could conceivably ride a bike to work quite regularly, especially since the office has a shower.

Darren told me of someone he knows who is looking for a bass player and gave me his number but I've chickened out of calling so far because it's been so long since I had to play in that kind of setting, or indeed in front of anyone. I can make cheerful noises with a drum machine but that's not really the same.

No comments: