Monday 11 April 2011

Flanger

Sunday was good. Sorted out the car a bit in the morning and dragged my bike out of the shed. I was able to extract it from the embrace of the turbo trainer, cleaned the crap off it, pumped up the tyres, oiled the chain and then took it up and down the front. Amazingly it still works fine. I think if I'm going to try riding a bike properly I'll use this one for now even though I've had it since I was 15. The only thing I think it could do with is higher handlebars as they feel a bit low and they've gone rusty.

Then went to Rob and Em's to do more proofreading of one of Rob's writings. This time he sent me the raw text, I printed it out and scrawled on it in red pen, and then we sat down together and went through it. This approach works really well although it is slow. We had rewards for completing pages such as Pringles and teacakes. After this eventually palled, I went home followed by Rob and Em and we took Sandy for a walk in the sunshine.

Today was OK in work, a fairly productive day but I got depressed and pissed off round about lunchtime for no reason that I could discern. Oh well.

The second batch of laptops turned up today. Another couple of Toshibas including a rather pretty little Portege M100 and a whopping huge fat Pentium 4 Satellite, an equally fat Tiny, a sleek Thinkpad and a rather boring Dell. All of them power up to some degree and a couple have issues, for example the M100 has a bad LCD cable and the Thinkpad a bad RAM slot. But so far it looks fairly promising. So I spent some time playing with them before taking Sandy for a walk in the wind and occasional rain.

Watched Taken this evening after being lent it by Rob weeks ago and putting it underneath something. Weird film. Not sure if I enjoyed it or not, but I think on whole I did.

No comments: