Friday 22 April 2011

Portal 2 and a HUGE chair

After burning my old armchair that I had discovered was hideous, I was in a quandary this morning. With a shiny new copy of Portal 2 in my possession since yesterday evening, I wanted to spend today playing it. But I didn't have a chair, so I set off early to find one. And so I did. However, my spatial awareness failed me. The chair that looked quite a reasonable size in the shop turned out to be of epic proportions. The first inkling of doubt arose when it took up pretty much the entire rear of the Focus with the seats down. Getting it up the narrow stairs and around the corners and doors at home was an absolute nightmare and now it's actually in the room, it pretty much dominates it. Oh well, at least it's really comfy.

Anyway, armed with new chair, snacks, Coke (diet, cherry) and a freshly charged controller, I set off into Portal 2. I played it for quite some time until I got to a part I couldn't figure out, but then I heard a crash of thunder and scampered around whimpering and unplugging things. By the time the thunder went away I didn't feel like carrying on. It's good though...really good.

Yesterday I booked the car in for a service next Thursday as I can't remember how many thousands of miles it's overdue for one, and the suspension has started knocking. It's making exactly the same sound as it did last year but from the other side and that time it was the anti-roll bar link. I don't remember it being that expensive so hopefully it's the same thing.

No comments: