Monday 28 November 2011

Defeat the bitch-queen from hell

After a week off I was worried about work. I went in, opened a login prompt to the backup system and logged in. Surprisingly it responded, and it turned out to have behaved tolerably well while I was away.

D&D was fun this evening, the final battle of this campaign, marking the end of James's tenure as DM for the time being. I went on a diplomatic rampage to avoid having to fight the castle guards. Having earned 600,000 gold pieces all of a sudden, I bought them out by waving their leader's decapitated head at them and paying them what they were owed. I then took advantage of our new mini army and asked them to help us defeat the evil priest who had occupied the chapel. They agreed to do it, for a price. But they all died so when we took over and killed the evil priest, I was able to loot their dead bodies and get all the money back. Success!

It was a dark rainy drive home and two miles from home the wipers on the 306 failed. Both front and rear and the washers stopped working so I think it's a fuse. Fortunately I was on a deserted single track road at that point so I was able to get home OK by peering through the water on the windscreen and taking it slowly. Still, I've had the car for five months and that's the first thing to break on it and that's got to be a record for me!

No comments: