Wednesday 2 November 2011

Soup

Work was frustrating but got most of the issues sorted by the end of the day.

I had the desire to make soup so I got stuff to make the stilton and broccoli soup after the gym. They didn't have stilton so I got some Italian blue cheese instead, which was actually nicer I think, and it came out very well. Nice. There was some left over which I'll take into work tomorrow and get some bread or something to eat with it.

I had a dodgy chair in work that kept gradually sinking to the lowest level, but so subtly that I didn't realise it was doing it until I couldn't reach my laptop. So I changed it. One of my colleagues asked me why I'd changed chairs, and I replied 'because it kept going down on me'. We looked at each other for a moment and then had hysterics for a good ten minutes.

Forgot about my stalling incident the other week. I'd had to park my 306 on the street and wanted to move into the spare car park behind the town hall. I'd just reversed it about 3o metres up the road then went to drive into the car park. Except the engine was cold and I stalled it. But what an epic stall, the car lurched wildly and because I was totally unprepared for it, I was thrown violently forward and up and smacked my head on the sun visor. It was hideously embarrassing because this was right in front of a packed bus stop and they'd all watched me reversing up the street.

No comments: