Monday 7 November 2011

I like fish, under certain conditions

I went in today to find the backup system in a complete shambles, having broken in an entirely new and unexpected way. Also the office was bloody freezing so everyone was sat around in hats and coats. The computer room was actually warmer, and I spent a couple of minutes warming myself from the output vents of an IBM BladeCenter.

This evening it was down to the Plough in St Asaph to have a meal with Steve's friend Jeremy from the US. It was really good, and nice to be back in the Plough when it's not full of prats. It's a really nice place when it's quiet. The food was absolutely amazing and I took a risk and had fish & chips, but it was really good. I've decided I like fish if it's not strongly flavoured, which this wasn't and the batter was really nicely done. We had a good evening chatting about stuff and it was great to meet Jeremy who was coping well despite not having slept in over a day or so.

Noticed how much better my face is these days. Not drinking Coke except for the occasional treat has really made a difference, and also using the old style double edged razor seems to be helping, now that I've got used to it. It wasn't that I'd cut myself, more that I'd put too much pressure and cause razor burn. I still use the Fusion for the tricky bits and my head when I do that though.

No comments: