Sunday 27 November 2011

Holiday fail or win, depends

My week off consisted of doing absolutely nothing useful whatsoever. The days have been filled with little more than Saints Row 3 and Deep Space 9 in varying quantities. I failed dismally in my promise to myself that if I was going to spent the days in front of the Xbox then exercise would be a requirement. Today marks the end of DS9 season 6, which has been fairly decent but unfortunately contains the worst episode so far in my opinion - the one where Quark has a sex change. Absolute cabbage.

Saints Row 3 has been fun. Despite reports of it being really buggy, it's behaved fine for me. It is structured quite differently from 2 so that took some getting used to, but it's good fun and is even more OTT. The plot is as silly as before but it does have some really funny moments although some of the 'novelty' missions were a bit annoying. Still not sure why I like Saints Row though.

Last night came down with a sore throat which meant I didn't sleep very well and so feel tired and rough today. Throat isn't too bad though.

Work tomorrow. Oh well.

Yesterday my Dad and I finished putting the flip paint bike back together. The plan to use a mountain bike rear wheel the wrong way round with a cog attached to the disk mount works fine. The only spare front wheel that would fit was the original 27" wheel from the Puch, which worked but made it look quite ridiculous. Unfortunately the headset bearings are completely shot so that will need to be sorted before it's properly rideable.

Fired up the rebuilt M9o to see if it still works, and it does although the spare hard drive I put in it appears to have bad sectors, annoyingly. Since I don't really need it, I'll probably end up chucking it back on Ebay as a power supply and battery would be quite pricy to source.

No comments: