Saturday 23 June 2012

Bah

It's been a long and curious week. Work has been OK. We had a guy come in on Monday and Tuesday to look at the backup system and we did a lot of work on it. It's currently migrating 10tb of data and then I'll need to reconfigure it some more. Happy days. Also I managed to install the backup system on a Linux machine, which isn't easy as it needs some libraries to be tweaked and stuff, but it did eventually work. It was only in a Virtualbox machine on my laptop though. What I want to do is set up a proper test system to try stuff out on. The guy who came in was quite shocked that we didn't have one.

Badminton was good on Thursday but we had to play with the dreadful woman, who was a real pain as usual. Somehow I've managed to not play with her for quite some time so it was something of a shock to realise how spiteful and nasty she is on the court. The meal beforehand was ginger themed, with a ginger curry, ginger cake and cans of ginger beer. Very nice indeed.

Rob invited everyone to the new Indian in town yesterday which everyone I know who has been says is amazing. It really is as well. I was torn between having something new and something familiar to compare but I ended up with a nice safe korma. And it was pretty damn epic, one of the best kormas I've ever had and the peshwari naan was great too. Will try something new next time.

After the old shower tried to electrocute me last week, our neighbour is installing a new one by ripping out the bath that nobody uses but the dog, and putting one there instead, so the house is a bit of a mess and I can't get out.

The car went in to get a new temperature sensor fitted so the gauge works properly, and to see why it was needing the coolant topping up a couple of times a week. They sorted the sensor OK but couldn't find a leak so they put some of that sealant stuff in and said to keep an eye on it. At least they said they didn't think it was a head gasket since the oil is OK.

ME3 extended cut next week. I'm not going to be burned again though, I'll wait until everyone else has played it and find out exactly what it is before I download 1.9gb. Also I've finally decided the multplayer is bollocks. It's mindlessly boring and repetitive and just downright tedious. I've only ever played it with Rob and Steve. I'd much rather they had never bothered with it and made the actual game better.

No comments: