Tuesday 26 June 2012

Extended cut

Sunday was a good day. We headed up to Alwen again and did a circuit. I didn't have to get off and push as much this time and was told I did it in a decent time. The bike still had derrailieur issues though, so need to get that sorted out. Otherwise I'm still really pleased with it.

In the afternoon went and hung out with Rob and took the opportunity to have a shower at theirs as ours is still being sorted out. Then played quite a bit of LA Noire, which is actually pretty good. Rob calls it Grand Theft Fedora, but it's actually quite refreshing to play a sandbox game where you're a good guy and it takes itself seriously, after the bipolar GTA IV and the lunatic Saints Row 2 and 3. After Em came back we had a curious combination of takeaway pizza and Indian kebabs for supper before watching Quantum of Solace, which was actually quite watchable - antihype in full effect for it I guess.

Yesterday was unremarkable in work and at home. Migration of 10tb of data takes time and all the stuff I need to do on it is on hold until it finishes.

Today was much the same except I got the Prelude added to my main car insurance for a day and took it to the auctions. I drove it to work, washing it on the way, and then took it to the place. It felt rather odd to be driving it again, probably not helped by it being stood for a month and a half. It reminded me of how comfortable it is though and how nicely it handles. Steve very kindly gave me a lift back from the auction place although we had to meet in the gigantic Asda, where it took some time to find each other. I'm not sure how much the Prelude will go for, if it goes at all, but I need to get rid of it now while it still has some tax and a decent chunk of MOT.

The new extended cut content for ME3 came out today. I watched the updated endings on YouTube. I'm actually reasonably OK with them now as I think it adds a lot of context to the choices and what happens. I like the new refuse option too, even if it is a giant fuck you to the people who complained. I tried to download the new content this evening but the Xbox wouldn't have it, probably too many people trying to do it as well.

Started listing stuff on Ebay again. Need to get rid of some more crap and have a damn good clearout, although at this point it would probably be easier to remove all the stuff I do want to keep and chuck the rest. Difficult to do that though.

No comments: