Thursday 14 June 2012

Misanthropy

Yesterday and today were OK in work. Not much going on really. The backup system I think is OK but it might still be taunting me. Not sure.

D&D last night for the first time in ages, which was really good fun. First was a skills check which we won epically, followed by a friendly fight with goblins which was interesting and again we kicked arse. Really fun evening.

Today was badminton, which was the usual food at Rob and Em's and then to badminton. It was fun as usual.

Been in a really misanthropic mood the last couple of days. Not sure why, but really tetchy and quick to anger. Not at things in particular but just really reacting to strangers being twatty, especially while driving. Not a good feeling since I think it's my own insecurities lashing out at my own mind.

The new MacBook Pro is what I've been expecting from Apple for a while. A totally sealed, unrepairable, unupgradable unit with no optical drive and barely any ports. Reading the reaction to this has been interesting. Some people think that it's the right direction, others don't. Is it really worth sacrificing so much so it can be thin and pretty?  It's a step too far towards form over function for me and making the whole computer a disposable item.

I could kind of understand it with the MacBook Air, which is designed to be ultraportable but something that's supposedly a 'Pro' machine? I don't think Apple gives a fuck about that market any more, it's all about the consumer market now.

I wouldn't mind all that much, but when Apple does something, everyone else copies it so I fully expect to see PC makers doing the same thing. The pretentiously named Retina display is interesting though - that I wouldn't mind seeing in PC laptops.

No comments: