Thursday 28 March 2013

Back to reality

Finally ventured forth today. The track was something of a bugger to get down due to the snow being quite deep, but the car made it down fine. It was nice to get back to work and see people again.

Badminton after work, which was good fun. Usual food at Steve's and then off to badminton. Had a few good games, which was nice.

I had a really odd dream about going to Russia on holiday last night. It was very vivid and real but I can't remember all of it. I do remember going to a cinema where each screen was basically an ordinary living room with a large plasma TV and beanbags, before getting on a tram that went between two stations ten feet apart. I think what caused this was finding the menu of a Russian restaurant in Berlin and reading it all.

Not much else to report really. I forgot it was a four-day bank holiday until Wednesday, so that was a nice surprise. Tomorrow I have a meetup with old work colleagues, then Saturday going to watch the rugby at Andy's, then going to my Dad's on Sunday, so it'll be pack.

Rob has given me Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 on DVD to watch - can't wait to get going on that. I've also picked up South Park seasons 4,5 and 6.

The M11x was rebuilt with the SSD the other day. Had a little bit of a faff getting all the drivers on again but now it's all good. It boots and runs nicely but the main reason I wanted the SSD is because it gets moved around a lot, so that's one thing I don't need to worry about too much.

Had a go on Duolingo, a free website for learning languages. I've started the German course and I quite like the way it handles it. Only really done the first module so far, but it's fun.

Been playing with the old Organiser IIs again. For some reason I prefer the older 2-line models over the later 4-line models, perhaps because the characters are so much bigger. I just like the way you can pick it up and instantly program it to do what you want. What I'd like to do is get an eraser for the datapaks they use, since they are EPROMs and can only be erased with UV light. That way I can consolidate data across machines and things.

No comments: