Thursday 21 March 2013

Bored of the white stuff

Monday was payday, which was nice. I was able to put some cash into savings, which are looking healthier now. There wasn't any DnD on Tuesday due to commitments, so I lazed about at home not doing much.

Last night went to see Welcome to the Punch with James McAvoy and Mark Strong. It was a fairly decent  film although somewhat predictable, but still fun anyway. Went with Steve, Andy and Robert from work to the cinema in Rhyl. I hadn't been there for years, not even since it was refurbed. It still has mostly flat seating but it was actually pretty decent. The film was listed at starting at 8:40pm but didn't start until 9:10pm at least due to trailers and shit. Oh well. It's been quite some time since I did something like that on a work night and it was rather odd considering we did it pretty often a few years ago.

Badminton tonight. Rob had to go and play a match in Mold, although autocorrect struck again so he told use he had to 'play snatch in Mold',causing much confusion. It was a good evening, and we took the time to head over to see Andrea from work and give her the money for the Hitch-Hiker's show in October. It was good to see her again, as she's now working in Rhyl.

Ebay success, my old server went for a frankly astronishing £325, and I got about £90 for two old bass necks. This combined with some other bits and bobs led to there being £476 in my Paypal account, so most of it went into savings. I have however bought an SSD for the M11x, which is something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I've booked a trip to Berlin in April to see my brother again. It's the weekend of the half-marathon. I'm flying over and spending a couple of nights staying with him, and then shifting to a hotel. Looking forward to it now. Today there was a nasty accident near the Olympic Stadium - two police helicopters were taking part in a training exercise and collided.

There has been warnings of mad snow tonight, and sadly they were true. By the time we hit Denbigh on the way back home, there was sleet falling. When I got home there was a lot of snow falling and it was sticking, so I got home just in time. Management in work asked us to make sure we took our laptops home.

No comments: