Monday 11 March 2013

Walkies

Andy and I had thought about going up Moel Famau yesterday but when we saw that it was cold and snowing we decided not to. Instead we took a long walk around Denbigh, which turned out to be a sort of figure of 8. Andy was tracking it on his phone and we were surprised when we discovered we had covered 4.9 miles.

Annoyingly my left hip started to play up though, something that hasn't happened in a while. It stayed quite painful for the rest of the day, although it's OK again today.

Work was OK today. I used an old redundant AIX server to test the viability of the backups of one of the live ones, which led to me spending much of the afternoon sitting cross legged in front of the laptop on a box that was acting as the serial console. Combined with the white noise from all the servers, it felt very zen, since the bloody thing took so long to boot.

It's been a bloody cold day and came home to find the water had stopped pumping. Not good.

I posted my old Squier bass body today and the Atari Portfolio, which was going off to Israel for some reason. Oh well. I have also now got the long boxes I needed to post the various guitar necks I am going to sell. It's just easier to sell guitars in bits if possible I find.

No comments: