Saturday 9 March 2013

Mega week

Monday was not a good day. After the day of fail I slept like crap so spent Monday feeling really tired and couldn't focus on anything. I came home and was in no fit state to do circuits so I had a lazy one. Fortunately I slept fine again that night and so I was OK for work and DnD on Tuesday. That was good fun again, and I managed to not be quite so crap in battle now that my character has some sensible armour.

Wednesday was a fairly quiet day. I didn't do much in the evening except to play with the beheaded Latittude E4300. I think I mentioned it before. It came with a damaged screen and case damage, so it's been stripped down to just the bottom half and had a spare hard drive put in where the optical drive should go, and is now running Server 2012. It's quite nice actually, quiet and effective. Had some bad news about a woman in work - she fell over playing badmimton and broke her hip, breaking the ball part off. She went in the next morning for an emergency half-hip replacement, very nasty stuff.

Tuesday and Wednesday in work were spent doing AS/400 training. I knew a little bit about them and it was quite helpful. In fact I actually quite like the interface and how it works now.

Thursday was work and then badminton, wihch was great. The troublesome woman has damaged her shoulder due to some incident with a pony, sad for her but at least we get at least several weeks worth of happy badminton. The atmosphere is so completely different when she's not around.

Friday was a decent day in work, spent the day with a consultant again on the backup system. It was a productive day. In the evening it was off to Denbigh badminton, where I haven't been for some time. I nearly didn't go but I'm glad I did as I had some really fun knackering games. All was good until one of the better players, in his last match of the night managed to do his ankle in going for a shot. He somehow dislocated his ankle as he landed, and then as he fell, put it back in again. It was incredibly painful and they had to get an ambulance.

So badminton is not as safe as I thought...

Today I went to my Dad's in the morning, where we had breakfast and lunch and chatted a lot, and then it was off to Steve's. We set out to watch the Wales game, which was OK, and then set out on a giant Android upgrade fest. Steve and I were both tired of the stock Samsung ROMs on our Galaxy SII and Note respectively, and Rob's origina Galaxy S (my old one) was doing very random things. After some time trying to remember how to isntall the Clockworkmod boot loader, we got some ROMs installed. I've got Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly on mine at the moment - seems OK. I was thinking about trying to get the proper Samsung Jelly Bean ROM, but I'm not really all that keen on what Samsung does to Android. Binx the cat is also now fascinated by my phone because I showed a video of giraffes on it.

Tired now, it's been a long day. It's also gone cold again - was hoping to go for a walk with Andy tomorrow but not sure if the weather will be OK.

No comments: