Thursday 18 October 2007

Are you feeling Gutsy?

Woohoo, Ubuntu 7.10 aka Gutsy Gibbon is officially out! My installation date from an early Alpha version and kept up to date. It's been rock solid right up to the official version. It's not given me any trouble whatsoever, only getting the Nvidia drivers working was a pain at the beginning.

Work today wasn't too bad, got to visit a few sites I'd never been to before. Got quite a bit done to help out a colleague, though I was thwarted by the refurbished office which doesn't have a lift, making it difficult to get enormous printers up to the first floor. It does however have a dumbwaiter, but as it's four feet off the ground and quite small, it's not all that useful. Also it's scary and I don't like it.

Went to Rob and Em's from the office and enjoyed a very nice pasta with bacon, cheese and spices, before heading off to badminton. It was OK, but I played like shite.

As it is payday today, I ordered some Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings for the Peavey 5-string. The B string is 135 gauge, which is quite huge. Should be interesting!

No comments: