Monday 15 October 2007

Stupid day

I had today off work to get a follow up test on my eyes. However, that didn't happen. I set off to Wrexham, but didn't get very far as I realised the Discovery's brakes were being odd. The pedal felt hard and only worked properly if you revved the engine quite hard. Didn't want to drive it like that so I took it (carefully) to the Land Rover gurus up the road. One look was all it took for them to identify a split hose from the vacuum pump and it took a few seconds to fix. Brakes are back to normal now. They also identified the scrubbed front tyre as a tracking or wheel bearing issue, which they are going to check out on Wednesday. I think the tyre will have to be replaced though, the tread is just too worn on the left side. Bah. Anyway, got a new appointment at the optician next Monday and also visiting the doctor that morning to talk about food allergies.

Took some stuff to the tip, part of an ongoing attempt to clear out the spare room downstairs. Used to be my Dad's room before he left and now it's just full of crap.

Also played some Halo 3 with Will, which wasn't too bad. For some reason I wasn't on form today which Will found frustrating, especially when I drove off the same cliff three times in a row. Still, it was entertaining enough. This was followed by a long session of Canis Canem Edit, where I got some more missions out of the way. Then tried to play Wii Sports and Wario Ware but got frustrated. Also made the discovery that the cheap batteries that Rob put in one of my remotes had leaked.

While googling for stuff on Rammstein, somehow came across a forum called the Stormfront White Nationalist Community (Wikipedia). Some of the crap being spouted on it is just sick and it seems worryingly busy as well. Absolutely in-fucking-sane.

4tb hard drives are coming up
. Sounds dodgy to me. I still think the 1tb drives are bad enough, how do you back that much data up? I'd rather have a smaller solid state drive.

No comments: