Tuesday 16 October 2007

Help

Covered helpdesk today for a guy who is away on his honeymoon. It was a nightmare, calls came in thick and fast all day and then just as the final hour of the day broke, it got worse. More helpdesk calls, jobs, e-mails and people all descended on me at once and I literally had to hold my hands in the air and tell everyone trying to talk to me to shut the hell up. It was not an easy day.

After the failure to get to my eye test yesterday, I've got a new appointment next Tuesday, so I've got that afternoon off.

Nokia has demonstrated a new touch interface based on the Series 60 platform. Given that Apple has big influence on technology, despite a small market share, this isn't surprising, despite the iPhone being a bag of crap. Well, actually a handheld running OS X could be insanely cool if it wasn't locked down like a bastard. 3rd party apps would make all the difference, but like the Sony and the PSP, Apple is doing everything it can to stop it.

Also, who the FUCK wants a toothbrush that plays music into your mouth?! Who comes up with this shit?

No comments: