Wednesday 11 June 2008

Burnt toast

Evacuation in work caused by burnt toast. Again. Other than that it was a fairly ordinary day. Cut my hair this evening, a bit of a pain and always itchy afterwards.

Went back into Second Life. I found a beach which existed solely to allow people to stand around looking pretty, or bonk if they wanted to. When you walk into the middle of the beautiful crowd looking like this...
...it causes a certain amount of dismay and confusion. I just stood there as the conversation erupted. Some people laughed, some were offended, some told me quite seriously that I was missing the point of the place and disturbingly one person sent me a private message with offers of naughty things.

Perhaps the saddest thing I found today was a fake Starfleet Academy where you could sign up and work your way up the ranks so you can board a fake starship. At that point I looked normal and was wearing a toga which someone randomly gave me.

Worst book ever. For some reason I want to read it.

Fecking Ubuntu updates broke VMware Server again. Really bloody annoying, having to reconfigure it and build the module for the new kernel. I don't know why this version of Ubuntu does this as the old one was fine. Perhaps it's time to try VirtualBox instead.

No comments: