Monday 9 June 2008

Phatty phatty boom boom

Work was OK, got a lot done. My attempts to have a healthy lunch were thwarted slightly by being offered a choc-ice while fixing someone's distorted printing, and chocolate in celebration of someone having won something on the lottery. Also had a slightly bizarre moment when two of the AIX machines sent error messages about fibre channel connection failures. Obviously this was serious until I looked at the date the errors occurred - May 10th. Quite why it suddenly triggered an alert now, I don't know.

Took the dog for a walk which for some reason was a real struggle. I don't think I slept very well last night and I woke up this morning feeling more tired than when I went to bed.

The beta version of Firefox 3 is pissing me off, when you right click it sometimes instantly randomly selects something from the contextual menu. Also it did that thing where it makes the graphics card have a spasm and throws one of the monitors off, necessitating a reboot. Hopefully the final version will be better.

New 3G iPhone. It'll be $199 in the USA, noticably there are no prices on the UK store but it'll probably be another case of swapping the $ for a £. I know a few people who were intrigued by old one but didn't want to shell out for it. If only Apple sold it unlocked.

Image is from a nightmarish week not so long ago when I had six BlackBerrys to set up at once. It was like they were breeding or something.

Interesting thing I picked up last week in the delicatessen - Sweet Garlic Pickle. It's got quite a kick but it's really nice. Goes very well with cold salady meals.

Currently listening to Antikörper (Antibodies) by Eisbrecher. Not as good as the first album but does have some outstanding tracks on it. Vergissmeinicht (Forget me not) is my favourite one on it.

No comments: