Wednesday 18 June 2008

Double neck bass...

...with one string per neck. It's silly but I really like it. It was actually made by a guy called Jens Ritter who makes insanely expensive, beautifully crafted basses. I remember hearing about it being made but this is the first time I've seen a picture of it.

In other news, the weather was ultra crappy today, wind and rain all day long. It was payday today so I celebrated by having a nacho chicken wrap from Morrisons - I've started to try and eat more sensibly so this was a departure from the rest of the week.

I also filled up my car as the needle was down in the red and the mileometer was up to 399 miles since the last fill up. In fact it was so low that the warning light came on as I went round a bend. I wasn't actually sure if it worked so that' s good to know. Diesel is £1.31 in Morrisons and for the first time ever it cost more than £40 to fill up the AX. Madness. I've said this so many times now, but I'm so glad I got rid of the Discovery when I did.

I found an IBM JS20 Blade server on Ebay today. It is a POWER based blade which can run AIX. Normally they go for £2000 or so but this one (and 7 more) had a starting bit of £60. It didn't have any memory but that isn't expensive. It sold for £60 in the end as well. Insane. It's a shame that they only work in a Bladecenter chassis, which are huge, heavy, hot, noisy and expensive.

Had a brief play with FreeNAS on a VMmare box his evening. Actually seems quite good. Also Firefox 3 seems pretty decent.

Currently reading Desperation by Stephen King, which is quite odd. It's very long and though I've read it before, I can't remember any of it at all for some reason.

No comments: