Sunday 23 November 2008

A good weekend until...


Yeah, my 360 has finally joined the choir invisible. Apparently all those unreadable disk errors might have been a symptom of impending failure.

Other than that it's been a nice weekend. Yesterday morning was spent at my Dad's catching up with him and his wife. We got my Alpine stereo fitted into the Vectra with no hassle at all except we had to swap the red and yellow wires so it didn't reset every time the ignition was turned off.

After that, made my way to Rob and Em's for a nice day of rugby and food, including a particularly nice home-made curry that was only overshadowed by the bread Rob had made that morning. The rugby was interesting but sadly Wales didn't follow up on the promising first half.

Not done much today. I was hoping to go out and do some digging on the track where the Vectra catches slightly but it's been a cold, horrible day of intermittent rain and hail thrown at you by strong winds. So I spent the day experimenting with the free version of ESX server by VMware. The Inspiron 9400 has become my main machine so I installed ESX on the Precision, which runs it quite nicely although you have to hack it a little to support the IDE hard drive.

I'd had enough of that after a while and decided I'd hook up the 360 to one of the Precision's monitors to see what Fable II looked like in HD, which is when I discovered it had finally expired. Bah. I was convinced it was the VGA lead causing issues until I realised that AV cable problems have four red lights, three red lights is when it's failed terminally.

No comments: