Sunday 16 November 2008

A quiet day

This is being typed on the little laptop that could, the D400. It's still going strong and now I've got a working battery in it. It is second hand but still holds a good charge. All it needs now is some feet so it doesn't slide around and a hard drive caddy as currently it's held in place by a folded piece of paper.

Spent the day not doing much but I did go outside and make some use of the unexpected sunshine we got this afternoon. Hacked down the remains of the stupid apple tree that I left after taking most of it down and brought some logs in from the outside

Found some interesting videos on Youtube of violins being played. After discovering that cellos can be played interestingly, I looked up violins too. They do make some great sounds. Although I like playing bass a lot, I keep trying to find an interesting alternative. So far I've tried and dismissed mandolins and ukuleles. I have briefly looked into violins but they are a remarkably complicated instrument. Oh well.

I really want to get something sorted out with the car this week. Payday on Tuesday so who knows.

My re-read of the Harry Potter books is going OK except I've just got to the Order of the Phoenix. I always find this a bit of a stuggle due to it's sheer lenth. I'm sure it could have been cut down a bit. Also Rob has lent me the new Iain M Banks book, Matter, which I'll have to fit in at some point. I love his Culture stories.

No comments: