Tuesday 18 November 2008

Goodbye Wii...

I sold my Wii today. It was quite a hard decision to make because I really like the Wii.

Unfortunately I just couldn't justify keeping it when the last game I bought for it was Super Mario Galaxy almost exactly a year ago, not when I had things like car worries and stuff. Also I have decided that the Wii, although promising, is suffering from a lack of decent games. It's a victim of it's own success, much like the PS2 was. The result is that everyone and their dog is making games for it which tend to be some cheaply made crappy game with some shoddy motion controls added to it. The same happened with the DS, which I loved far more than the Wii, but I still sold mine a few months ago. So I'm back down to just two consoles, the Xbox 360 and my old PS2. I might look into picking up one of the old Phat DSs though, they always suited my hands better, and should be cheaper now that the DSi is out.

There's a bunch of retro stuff downstairs but I never really use that any more. There was a time in my St Asaph flat where I had a PS2, GameCube, NES, SNES, N64, MegaDrive, Saturn and Dreamcast all hooked up to complex series of switchboxes that allowed us to switch quickly and easily between each platform.

It was rather upsetting to delete my Wii Shop account and then go into the options and format the Wii memory. It took a little while and then it shut down for the last time, so I could pack it away. But it's gone to a good home, the woman in work who bought it was absolutely chuffed with it.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I did have some good times with it. Super Mario Galaxy stands out as the best game, while Wario Ware, Monkey Ball and Red Steel were decent fun too. Tony Hawk Downhill Jam was also surprisingly fun.

The new Star Trek trailer is out
. It looks quite interesting but I'm getting a Transformers vibe from it, which is very worrying.

No comments: