Friday 7 November 2008

Stupid

Today was one of those days where I just felt completely lethargic and uninterested for most of it. Lunchtime was interesting with the dentist (scale and polish) at 12:15 then a quick drive to Ruthin to meet up with everyone for a farewell lunch for someone who was leaving. I had preordered some sort of scampi meal but the place didn't have one of the ingredients so they substituted sweet and sour sauce. Perhaps a strange combination, but very nice as it was probably the best scampi I've ever had.

It's been a strange unmotivated evening. I just haven't been arsed to do anything at all except listen to music and think bitter thoughts about my wretched lonely existence.

Ironic that I was complaining to Em about PVRs a couple of weeks ago as they mean that there's always something on TV to watch and so it makes it easier to spend yet more time just vapidly watching the box. I detest TV, it's channel after channel of bullshit, and the few things I do actually want to watch (Top Gear, Stephen Fry) are usually watchable online anyway. But I probably do the same thing but with the Internet. Oh well.

I've got shedloads of holiday time left in work because there just hasn't been much cause to use them as we've not done much this year. To use some of it up I've taken the week of the 24th off work but probably won't be able to afford to do anything. Bah.

No comments: