Friday 21 November 2008

Magic Carpet Ride

It's been a stressful week in work. Today reached breaking point (literally) when a pen shattered in my hands after a particularly infuriating phone call. I didn't think much of it until I looked up and saw the ceiling covered in ink. Naturally I tried to hide the evidence but the ceiling tiles were made up of that light plasterboard type stuff and had absorbed the ink. My attempts to wipe it off just spead it around, making it hideously obvious. There was nothing for it but to go and see the caretaker and admit what I'd done. He didn't believe me until I showed him and then he practically fell on the ground laughing. Fortunately there are spare ceiling tiles, so that's OK.

The car is going well. There is a slight ticking from the engine when accelerating which quietens down when it's warm. From what I read on the net, this could be a noisy fuel injector. I'm going to have a look through the various receipts and things I found stashed in the glovebox and look into getting it serviced.

It's a lovely car after the AX. It feels solid and tank-like and the ride is so much better. Apparently reviews of this car say the handling is poor and the ride indifferent but after the crashing, banging ride of the AX, it feels like a magic carpet. It's definitely not a sporty car but that suits me fine. The roads were wet and slippery today which allowed me to test the ABS and traction control, which both work as epected. I also discovered a button for air conditioning but I don't think it works.

For some reason, this time round I'm finding the Order of the Phoenix much easier going.

No comments: