Wednesday 13 July 2011

A few lines

Work was OK. The AIX server has proven to be reliable and powerful although perhaps 8gb RAM might not be enough when it goes live but it can take 64gb so that's OK.

Got the strimmer running tonight with a piece of a pair of tights taking place of the lost air filter. Did a bit so I could trim down a bush that was getting out of hand. Damn that sounds bad.

I then spent a bit of time playing Mercenary, a game that I absolutely adored on my old Amstrad CPC because it present a fully explorable city in 3D. The graphics are bare minimalist wireframe but the game is brilliantly put together with several ways to complete it. There's a modern replica of the game and the sequels called MDDClone which is excellent. I still like playing it today and I'm still amazed at how they got the game to run so fluidly on that old Amstrad. Very cool.

Tired now. Been fat this evening. I think my mind is fundamentally broken when it comes to being healthy.

This is terrible really but I find it oddly compelling. I know it is metal techno because the scary voice says so.

I just remembered how I told a friend in primary school when I was probably 10 or so that one day I would build a robot and he said I never would. So far he's been right but it's a shame I've got no idea how to prove him wrong. Oh well.

No comments: